1) Zimbabwe (Victoria Falls) 3.5 Stars
- intriguing political atmosphere and its effect on the people
- Many action packed activities: Walking with lions, riding elephants, the infamous bungee jump, Gorge jumping
- Enjoyed the hippy dive bar I went to
- Victoria Falls did not live up to its name (atleast in May)… I like Niagra
- Activities are high priced
2) Zambia (Zambezi River) 2 Stars
- Campsite on Zambezi River was beautiful
- I love monkeys and there were thousands everywhere, also animals invade your campsite.. ever see the book “Monkey Portraits” (LOVE IT!)
- lack luster overall
3) Malawi 4 Stars – Personal Favorite
- the reason it is my favorite is not because it is the best but because it involved connecting with the culture and the people
- People in Malawi are very friendly and happy even though they are the poorest (makes you open your eyes ALOT)
- The Area is beautiful, very lush, very relaxed and most of Malawi is on Lake Malawi
4) Tanzania 3.5 Stars
- All about safaris, and Masaii Mara culture, Snake Park is a must campsite
- Ngorongoro crater is absolutely the most amazing spectacle in nature
- Serengeti was lack luster, in fact null luster (but only because of bad timing… MAKE SURE TO GO ON SAFARI WHEN THE MIGRATION IS THERE BEFORE YOU SPEND $400
5) Zanzibar 5 Stars
- An island in the Indian Ocean almost speaks for itself. All Day Snorkeling, boating and huge lunch was well worth the $10?!?!? what
- GO TO KENDWA ROCKS BAR ON HE NORTH SHORE AND DON”T FORGET THE MARKET ON THE SOUTH PART
- It is not just an Island, it has sooo much culture, history, and don’t forget to take a Spice Tour… well worth it!
6) Nairobi, Kenya 3 Stars
- It is Nairobi, you must say that you have been there
- You are instantly a celebrity if you are White. I felt like Britney Spears (maybe not a pro)
- People Stalk you and hassle you
- It is not particularly safe
- Sites are nothing spectucular, unless you go kiss a Giraffe like me 😉 look at my travel page
7) Masai Mara (mostly Kenya) 4.5 Stars
- The GREAT MIGRATION WAS HERE…. sort of. Not in full force but it was here.
- Felt like I was on the National geographic, scouting around… Kenya has more liberal laws about driving right up on animals
- The Masaii Mara culture is interesting. From circumsizing girls/boys to killing lions for manhood.
If you would like to see pictures check out my Flickr or you can facebook friend me (let me know who you are and why you are adding me!!!) And as always, leave comments and feel free to ask questions.